There is such a great variety of things to do in Malta! While it may be a small island, it has a lot to offer. Whether you’re staying for a few days or a few months, you’ll find lots of interesting and exciting activities and sights to keep you busy. We’ve chosen our top 5.
Top 5 Things To Do In Malta
- See The Temples: As the oldest free-standing stone structures in the world (yes, even older than the pyramids!), the prehistoric Maltese temples are pretty incredible. All five of them are listed as UNESCO World Heritage Sites, and it’s worth visiting all of them as they uniquely shed light on the island’s past.
- Explore Valletta: Like most capital cities, Valletta is a very busy place and it is easy to get caught up in that. Nevertheless its personality is quite unique, and best enjoyed in quiet – perhaps from a pavement café, while walking through the backstreets, or while reading a book in one of the public gardens. It will give you a different perspective.
- Visit Gozo and Comino: Malta’s smaller sister islands offer something quite different. Gozo, the larger of the two, still has lots of towns and villages, but is also far more rural. It’s a great place to ride your bike or find a secluded beach for a swim. Comino, known for the bright Blue Lagoon, is very busy in summer, but is a must-see for its incredible turquoise waters.
- Experience a Village Feast: Really get into the Mediterranean spirit with a trip to a local ‘festa’ – a celebration of a town’s patron saint. Mixing religion with revelry, each village comes alive with live music, food, street parties and fireworks. They are held throughout the summer and make for a wonderful evening under the stars!
- Tour Mdina: Travel back in time and walk through the quiet alleys around Mdina, another UNESCO World Heritage Site. This stunning fortified city, which sits majestically on a hill, is still home to many of Malta’s noble families today, and it has a very regal feel to it. It’s also very romantic, and ideal as a destination for an evening stroll or a special dinner.