Why study in Bournemouth?
With seven miles of golden sands and sparkling sea, the vibrant cosmopolitan town of Bournemouth has it all – a vast variety of shops, restaurants, a buzzing nightlife and endless countryside with beautiful award winning gardens and water sports galore. As a result of the Gulf Stream which results in mild and breezy winters, Bournemouth enjoys a climate that is not “typical English weather,” but rather a moderate environment with an above average number of sunny days. July and August usually provide the most sunshine and hottest temperatures in Bournemouth, which may even reach 30°C on occasion.
Bournemouth has seven miles of golden sands and sparkling sea, the vibrant cosmopolitan town of Bournemouth has it all. Bournemouth has lots of shops, restaurants and fantastic nightlife. The town is surrounded by beautiful countryside and the world famous Jurassic coast. There is certainly no shortage of things to do in Bournemouth.
Bournemouth has been voted the “happiest town” in the UK and the beaches are often voted the best in the UK and in Europe. In the summer Bournemouth hosts the International Air Festival, attracting over 1 million visitors and in the winter you can enjoy the outdoor markets in the town square. Bournemouth also enjoys excellent transport links to London and the rest of the country and also has its own international airport.
Bournemouth is also home to famous people such as the writer of Frankenstein, Mary Shelley, who is buried in St Peter’s Church. The Russell Cotes Art Gallery and Museum is a fascinating place which benefits from stunning views of the sea, and where you can admire paintings, sculptures and objects collected by Sir Merton Russell Cotes and his wife during their trips all around the world.
You can also visit the Oceanarium, located on the beach front, which shows a wide variety of undersea creatures, or have a good time in the indoor climbing activity centre located on the pier. For an incredible sensory experience, discover the award-winning parks and gardens running through the heart of Bournemouth.
Linguaenglish is located in the centre of Bournemouth and accredited by the British Council. Learning English can help you find a better job in a globalised world. Or maybe you want to experience a new culture and further your studies. Our school is here to help. When you arrive at our school you will be given a placement test, and receive an interview with either the school director or senior teacher to establish your level. We also provide an induction pack, with information on Bournemouth and a student card. We monitor your progress during your course and provide a certificate when you leave. Our school in Bournemouth accepts students from the age of 16 and has no upper limit on age, the majority of our students are adults.
Throughout the year Linguaenglish Bournemouth offers a range of activities and trips. These activities are important as it’s a great opportunity to meet new people and visit beautiful places in the UK. The Bright School employs activity organisers, and they will be introduced to you, to make sure you have a great time in evenings and weekends. It is also a great way to meet fellow students from other levels and classes, and improve your English outside the classroom.
These include trips to local museums and school beach days. We also arrange regular social evenings outside the school so that students can meet new friends and develop their English outside the classroom. Linguaenglish also works with local companies that arrange national and international trips and excursions. These trips include coach travel and a guide, so it is an excellent way to explore the UK. All tickets can be purchased from the school office.
Our school also offers famous Beach Barbecues! All students join the staff and enjoy a beach BBQ and game of volleyball on Bournemouth’s beautiful beach. In the summer period we also watch the weekly fireworks that take place from Bournemouth pier. Other local activities include weekly coffee evenings, local walks and quiz nights. For adult students Bournemouth has a fantastic range of bars and nightclubs, and regular party nights are arranged by the school.
Below is a summary of courses offered by Linguaenglish in Bournemouth. We offer a variety of professional courses to suit all levels to guarantee a fast and effective learn approach:
- General English: We offer a progressive course in General English designed to suit students of all levels, from elementary to advanced. At each level we aim to improve all aspects of your English, including grammar, speaking, pronunciation, reading, writing, listening and importantly to build confidence. At the end of the course, students will be given an end of course certificate. Each level typically takes 12 weeks, but if a student improves quickly a higher level can be achieved in a shorter time period. English courses are available from 15 hours to 30 hours per week. Students can join the course every Monday all year around (except school closed dates). There is no minimum stay period.
- Cambridge Courses – FCE: Our school offers First Certificate of English preparation courses. The FCE is an internationally recognised qualification and is aimed around upper intermediate students. The FCE course is run by Cambridge University and Exams are booked through the school. The FCE certificate is also recognised by educational institutions and employers throughout the world.
- Business English: For students at intermediate level and above, we offer a further 5 hours per week, on top of the general English course in which to study Business English. This includes the teaching of the vocabulary and grammar required for professional business communication.
- University Access Course – IELTS Preparation: For students at upper-intermediate level and above, we offer a further 5 hours per week, on top of the general English course, in which to study IELTS exam preparation. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS), is designed to assess the language ability of candidates who need to study or work where English is the language of communication.
- Career English: The Career English course is suited to those who may want to work in a professional English speaking environment. With globalisation, English is used in most companies that have an international outlook. This course will help students gain a huge advantage, some examples include, customer service, presenting and professional document creation. We offer a further 5 hours per week, on top of the general English course, so students can gain that advantage in a competitive global world.
- Individual Lessons or One to One Lessons: The Bright School offers the opportunity of Individual or One to One Lessons. These lessons can be tailored for the individual student, maximising your learning experience. With individual lessons the Bright School will plan and identify areas where improvements can be made. The lessons are usually 1 to 2 hours long, and multiple lessons can be booked each week. These lessons are available on request.
- Oil and Gas (Energy) English: Our school offers a specialist Oil and Gas English course, using General English methodology, but with vocabulary and specialist course material from the Energy industry. Linguaenglish is able to undertake this course anywhere in the world. The school has a set syllabus for the Oil and Gas course, but also creates individual courses subject to the company and individual needs.
- Aviation English: Linguaenglish offers a tailored Aviation course. This course is aimed at all personnel within the aviation industry, with tailored courses for Air Traffic Controllers and Pilots. English is the standard international language in Aviation, and our school in Bournemouth can assist with the ICAO’s Aviation English Language Test Service (AELTS) exam. This course is offered on request only.